TBS support groups provide our patients with an excellent opportunity to discuss their various personal and professional issues. Most learn, for example, that weight loss surgery will not immediately resolve existing emotional issues or heal the years of damage that morbid obesity might have inflicted on their emotional well-being.
TBS offers both online and on-site support groups at our San Antonio, Austin and Corpus Christi offices to assist you with short-term and long-term questions and needs, including the most effective exercise and diets programs after bariatric surgery.
Ongoing post-surgical support helps produce the greatest level of success for our patients, and provides encouragement to maintain a balanced, healthy lifestyle for good.
The TBS online Private Support Group is located on ObesityHelp.com/group/TBS which features:
- Personal pages for patients
- Messaging to other OH members
- Photo galleries
- Personal Blog
- Goal tracking through the Health Tracker Program:
- Body Tracker to track your body measurements and create goals
- Nutrition Tracker to track your nutrition/food journal
- Medical Track to track your lap-band adjustments
- Activity Tracker to track your physical activity
- Customized widgets & tickers to add to your page or blogs
- Health Reports to print and bring with you during your scheduled appointments with Debbie, RD or James, PA. These feature would be great for those patient who are doing their insurance required supervised diet, post operative patients who want to ensure their on the right nutritional and physical activity track and also for any patient participating in one of our Non Surgical Medical Weight Loss Programs.
Patients are asked to register online and get started as soon as they have met with the doctor.
On-Site Support Groups
Typical Meetings Schedule:
- San Antonio: Third Saturday @ 2pm
- Austin: Second Saturday of Every Month @ 2pm
- Corpus Christi: Third Thursday @ 6pm
- Killeen: Patients please attend Austin
- New Braunfels: Please attend San Antonio
- Del Rio: Please attend in San Antonio
- August: Before you Dip that Chip!
- September: Healthy Meals in 30!
- October: Bingo
- November: Let’s Do Dessert!
- December: Holiday Gala